Today's recipe is my Pumpkin Smoothie
Packed with potassium and low in calories-Pumpkin is a grounding vegetable making this smoothie perfect for the colder seasons.
Autumn is the time for pumpkins. Celebrating Halloween and Thanksgiving with jack-o-lanterns and pumpkin pie are great American traditions. BUT - what if you don't like pumpkin?
I don't like pumpkin - pumpkin is at the bottom of my food chain. Lance and the kids love pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin everything. I really want to like pumpkin because of my family but also because it is packed with nutrition.
According to Huffington Post-
- Vitamin A - 1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin contains 200% of your daily intake of Vitamin A.
- High Fiber/Low Calories - A fiber rich diet can help people eat less and shed pounds.
- Reduce Cholesterol - Pumpkin seeds contain phytosertols, which help reduce those bad LDL's.
- Antioxidant beta-carotene - which may reduce the risk of cancer.
- Carotenoids - not only may reduce cancer risk but also help reduce wrinkles.
- Amino Acid Tryptophan - important in the production of serotonin which boosts our mood.
- Vitamin C - great for the immune system.
I want to take advantage of all the benifits those nasty tasting little squashs have to offer. So after much pain and suffering - I have finally succeeded in creating the perfect pumpkin food for the pumpkin hater!
Check out my Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe (which is also packed with lots of other goodies - making it even better for you) by clicking HERE . Tastes so smooth and delicious!
Are you a pumpkin lover or hater?
Come back for tomorrows recipe which will warm your heart - literally!
All my best to you,