Most Recent Posts

Warming Winter Recipe Fest - Pumpkin Smoothie

For the next 5 days I'll be sharing my favorite new recipes and the story behind each recipe.

Today's recipe is my Pumpkin Smoothie




Packed with potassium and low in calories-Pumpkin is a grounding vegetable making this smoothie perfect for the colder seasons.

Autumn is the time for pumpkins. Celebrating Halloween and Thanksgiving with jack-o-lanterns and pumpkin pie are great American traditions. BUT - what if you don't like pumpkin?

I don't like pumpkin - pumpkin is at the bottom of my food chain. Lance and the kids love pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin everything. I really want to like pumpkin because of my family but also because it is packed with nutrition.

According to Huffington Post- 

  • Vitamin A - 1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin contains 200% of your daily intake of Vitamin A.
  • High Fiber/Low Calories - A fiber rich diet can help people eat less and shed pounds.
  • Reduce Cholesterol - Pumpkin seeds contain phytosertols, which help reduce those bad LDL's.
  • Antioxidant beta-carotene - which may reduce the risk of cancer.
  • Carotenoids - not only may reduce cancer risk but also help reduce wrinkles.
  • Amino Acid Tryptophan - important in the production of serotonin which boosts our mood.
  • Vitamin C - great for the immune system.
I want to take advantage of all the benifits those nasty tasting little squashs have to offer. So after much pain and suffering - I have finally succeeded in creating the perfect pumpkin food for the pumpkin hater!

Check out my Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe (which is also packed with lots of other goodies - making it even better for you) by clicking HERE . Tastes so smooth and delicious!

Are you a pumpkin lover or hater?

Come back for tomorrows recipe which will warm your heart - literally!


All my best to you,