Most Recent Posts

7 Steps to Make Spring Cleaning Fun



I love to Spring clean! 

After a long, cold winter, it is so refreshing to sweep out the cobwebs and de-clutter.  Not only is my house revitalized, but Spring cleaning is also a therapeutic rejuvenation for my mind and body.

I actually caught the Spring Cleaning bug several weeks ago. The house is now in tip-top shape and I’m ready for Spring gardening. 

In case you can’t tell,  I    Spring 

If you haven’t caught the Spring cleaning bug yet or if you dread Spring cleaning, here are some of my favorite tips to inspire and excite you…

Create A Checklist -
Make sure to keep your list according to what will motivate YOU. For more tips on To-Do lists, check out my How to Enjoy Your To-Do List article.  Some people like detailed lists, others like a general idea. Whatever works for you!

Call in the Troops - 
Everyone living in the house can and should help. Create a list for everyone according to their ability. Make it a game - a race to see who can get their task done first and the best. Add fun, upbeat music to get everyone excited. (My daughter would play Glenn Miller music when she cleaned.)

Distractions: Good or Bad? -
Distractions like music or a movie you've watched 100 times but still love, CAN help divert the drudgery of cleaning...it can also bog down a successful cleaning. Figure out what works for you and your family.

Clean with a Focus -
To get the cleaning done in an orderly manner and avoid running from room to room getting distracted, choose one of these two methods: 
  1. Go through the entire house completing the same task in each room. Example: clean all the ceiling fans and light fixtures in the whole house, then wash down all the door frames and molding in the whole house...etc.
  2. Target one room at a time. Clean the entire room before moving to the next room.
De-Clutter - 
Before any cleaning takes place, de-clutter and organize each room. Most of us have collected  'stuff' over the years. 'Stuff' that we never use. My motto is - if I haven't used it with in the past 2 years, I can do without it. 
Start with 3 boxes or bags labeled
"sell"     "donate"    "trash"
Once each room is de-cluttered, make sure to sell, donate and trash your excess 'stuff'. It is so refreshing to get rid of the excess 'stuff'.

Organize -
This is the area I excel in. Over the years, I've learned  how to organize everything from closets, to cupboards, to laundry rooms, to garden sheds and even the garage. 

An organized house has been proven to reduce stress and create a more relaxed atmosphere. (This is one of my specialties I help my clients with: De-cluttering their homes, office space and their lives.)

Doctrine and Covenants 132: 8 Behold, mine house is a house of aorder, saith the Lord God, and not a house of confusion. 


Use Essential Oils - 
Lemon, Grapefruit, OnGuard, and Thyme contain powerful cleansing and purifying properties that make cleaning safe and effective. The aroma from these oils also invigorate you while cleaning. These non-toxic DIY cleaning solutions are the best way to leave your house clean, and refreshed.

I hope my post has sparked your interest. What do you like the best about Spring cleaning?

 With love and gratitude,


Inspired by what you've read? Want to get a feel for what it's like to work with me as your Wellness & Lifestyle Consultant? Sign up for a FREE initial consultation TODAY!