Most Recent Posts

The List We Never Make But Should



Most of us have lists

Grocery lists
Christmas Lists
Bucket Lists
Top 10 Lists
etc...

We make mental lists, online lists and lists written down on a piece of paper.

Today I want to share my thoughts on a different list. A list that we seldom take time to make, yet this list is so empowering. I call it my:



"I Did It List".

I used to go to bed each night and mentally review all the failures and mistakes I had made....all the things I didn't get done...all the good things I could have done, but didn't.

Does this sound familiar?

It's a hard way to end the day. Sometimes we feel we have no right to be happy or that acknowledging our successes mean we are prideful. This kind of thinking is not true. God wants us to be happy and he wants us to recognize the good things we do...no matter how small they are.

The other day I was visiting with a young mother and she made the comment that she likes a clean and tidy house but most days her house is messy because she spent the day meeting the needs of her children. She felt like a failure....but in my eyes she was a total success.

Ending each day with a list of all the things you DID DO is a great way to get a peaceful nights rest and wake the next morning refreshed and ready for the adventures of a new day.

IDEAS:
I remembered to say "I love you"
I prayed with gratitude
I smiled at myself and others
I laughed
I hugged someone
I saw the good in others
Even though it was a difficult day, I still saw the good

 With love and gratitude,
  

Each of us lead a life filled with miracles, we just need to pause and see them! What's new and good with you?