Most Recent Posts

Parable Of The Sower - Part 1: Introduction

 
I've decided to do an in-depth study comparing:

1. Parable of the Sower - Matthew 13:1-23 (see also Mark 4:1-9, Luke 8:4-15)
2. Lehi's Vision - Nephi 8, 11
3. Zenos's allegory of the tame and wild olive trees - Jacob 5



In my studies, I'm using the LDS KJV scriptures, Strong's Language Bible (which gives the Greek and Hebrew definitions of words for a better understanding of what words meant in Bible times), and modern revelation from the living prophets and apostles, and of course my own personal revelation.
Today I started studying Matthew 13:3 (see also Mark 4:3) and this is what I've learned so far:
vs 3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
The Sower is Christ.
The Sower owned HIS field.
The sower left HIS house to go forth and sow.
The Sower chose the specific place for sowing HIS seed. The seeds were cast so everyone could receive them (into all soils). Each person is given the opportunity to receive or reject the seed.

Sowing = imparting instruction.

Seed = a grain which contains with in itself the germ of the future plant (NOTE: the seed or the word of God, was complete and potent. There was no defect in the seed.)

View the complete series of 'Parable Of The Sower HERE



Note - This series is ongoing. As I learn more, I will provide updates.


 With love and gratitude,
  

Each of us lead a life filled with miracles, we just need to pause and see them! What's new and good with you?