Most Recent Posts

Vision of the Tree of Life - Part 2: A Man Dressed In White

Click HERE for Part 1


Lehi is in darkness and prays 

As you study this portion of Lehi's Dream, compare it to the process of repentance. As spiritual beings in a mortal body, at times we may feel we are lost in a dark and dreary waste, but Lehi shows us what to do.


Nephi 8: 5 And it came to pass that I saw a man, and he was dressed in a white robe; and he came and stood before me.
 6 And it came to pass that he spake unto me, and bade me follow him.
 7 And it came to pass that as I followed him I beheld myself that I was in a dark and dreary waste.
 8 And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies.
 9 And it came to pass after I had prayed unto the Lord I beheld a large and spacious field. (It is of note to compare this 'spacious field' with the one spoken of in The Parable of the Sower.)


It is important to understand, that the 'man dressed in white' was not leading Lehi into darkness, but as many of us find, when we are striving to follow the Lords servants, we are tempted by Lucifer and allow ourselves to stray.



Now, let's ponder this beautiful set of verses.





 40 And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye 
enter not into temptation.
 41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast,and 
kneeled down, and prayed,
 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: 
nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, 
strengthening him.
 44 And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of  blood falling down to the ground.
 45 And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his 
disciples, he found  them sleeping for sorrow,
 46 And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter 
into temptation.

It is my hope that you will take these verses, ponder them and study them and pray that you will find their meaning in your life.





Disclaimer: In no way do I profess to be an expert in the field of ancient history or scripture.

 With love and gratitude,
  

Each of us lead a life filled with miracles, we just need to pause and see them! What's new and good with you?